The building of the Provincial Office was built between the years 1906-1911. It has two towers. The summit of the 72-metre southern tower is crowned by a helmet with a figure of a sailor leaning against an anchor as well as a small flag with the Prussian eagle (in 1947 it was replaced with the Polish eagle and in 1990 - with the crowned eagle) . The sailor, made of copperplate, is 2.5 tall. During the last stage of the war as well as following its end it was the favourite target. In total one can find approx. 100 bullet holes, the figure's left arm was also missing. On the mast of the 60-metre northern tower (named the sailing one), navigation signs were being put up not a long time ago. From the north to the main edifice there is an adjacent building which was initially designed for maritime institutions. Since 1911 the edifice has housed the maritime Authority, Lloyd's Agency, Harbour Police and the Hydro-construction Office.