The first sailing camps in Trzebież were organised by the Polish Yacht Association in 1947. In 1959 a proper centre was developed here. Three-year construction of a yacht harbour was initiated. As early as in the first season 254 participants of the course were trained. Trzebież soon became the biggest Polish sea yachting school. For many years the centre had at its disposal such yachts as ZEW MORZA, ŚMIAŁY, JURAND or KAPITAN GŁOWACKI famous for numerous ocean cruises. Prior to 1946 the centre had had a similar function. It used to house Die Schiffsjungenschule „Stettin" in Ziegenort (German name of the town).