The rich top decoration attracts our attention with a gold-plated model of a sailing warship, based on a model of the warship MARS from the Artus Court in Gdańsk. It is placed just under the roof of historical building in the Old City of Gdańsk. Built according to Max Hasak's design in 1906 as a sumptuous edifice of the Reichsbank. In 1924 the building became the seat of the Gdańsk Bank (Bank von Danzig) established by the authorities of the Free City. The bank led to issue of the new currency - the Gdańsk gulden. In 1939, after Gdańsk had been annexed to the Nazi Germany, the building was repossessed by the Reichsbank. Since 1945, after reconstruction, it has belonged to the National Bank of Poland.