The granary was built in 1771. It was constructed within a backbone structure, filled with red brick. Earlier there had been the harbour inn ‘Pod Jeleniem' (‘At the Deer's') in the same place. The upper part of the front elevation is decorated with a wooden figure of a deer after which the building was named. Before the system of street numbers became common it had been the identification of the property in Grodzka Street. At present there is a beer house on the ground floor of the edifice.