The granary Nowa Pakownia is one of the best preserved harbour granaries in Gdańsk. It was built in 1750. In 1798 the granary burned down and, having been reconstructed, it served as a drying chamber. In the 19th century it belonged to the Prussian Inland Revenue Office. It was used for storing and repacking consignments both in the domestic and customs circulation. Until the end of the Prussian times the granary, along with its surroundings, was a governmental property and served the customs authorities in Gdańsk. Also, following 1920, during the times of the Free City of Gdańsk, the granary ‘Nowa Pakownia' belonged to the Customs Office. A decisive majority of the city centre was destroyed in March and April 1945. Nowa Pakownia is one of the few happily preserved monuments. During the post-war period the granary was used as a warehouse of a food-processing company. As recently as in the 21st century the building was refurbished and adapted to serve as a hotel and a restaurant with a mini-brewery.