The church of Kristianopel (Holy Trinity Church)
ikona
The church of Kristianopel (Holy Trinity Church)
obrazek zajawki
Kristianopel Kyrka (Heliga Trefaldighetskyrkan)
City:
Karlskrona
Opened for public
RankRankRankRank_noRank_no
 votes: 217

Kristianopel (originally founded as Christianople) is located in the easternmost part of Blekinge. It was founded in 1603 and was the easternmost part of Denmark in beginning of the 17th century. The Swedes destroyed the old church in 1611 and it is still possible to see the remains as a small hill in the south part of the old town area. The new church was built1618-1624 in a more sheltered place near the town square.

Back
Print
PDF
Report
A mistake
Galleries
obrazek
Exterior from west, author of the photo - Morgan Olsson, Blekinge Museum
Exterior from west, author of the photo - Morgan Olsson, Blekinge Museum
obrazek
Interior with the altar, author of the photo - Karin Nilsson, Blekinge Museum
Interior with the altar, author of the photo - Karin Nilsson, Blekinge Museum
obrazek
Interior with ship, author of the photo - Karin Nilsson, Blekinge Museum
Interior with ship, author of the photo - Karin Nilsson, Blekinge Museum
Location: SWEDEN, Blekinge, Karlskrona