The Ferro Concrete Vessel CAPELLA belongs to the Maritime Museum Rostock and is located on the banks of the Warnow river in Rostock. It was built in 1943/44 in Ostswine (Swinwmuende). The CAPELLA is the last still floating concrete ship of its size, an exponent of the consistent technological development of shipbuilding with new materials. In times of acute steel shortage – during the war – concrete became valuable as an alternative. Only in during World War II, a large number of various ship classes were built in concrete, among those the CAPELLA, of the type ” Barge Viking Engine ".