The Peninsula of Tromtö is a nature reserve with beech forest and rare insects.
The Tromtö estate was in the Danish times owned by a very influential family in Denmark the family Thott. When the admiral general Hans Wachtmeister bought the estate in 1686 he transformed it into a place where goods for the new city and the naval station of Karlskrona were produced. Among other things the farm had high milking cattle and a big market garden.
The present main building in neoclassical style was built in1834 and shows influence from Haga Castle outside Stockholm. An English park with summerhouse and a romantic engagement temple surrounds the house.