Built in 1951 in Lowestoft as a trawler for the Arctic and the waters around Iceland.
The first name was "Vanessa Ann". Later on it was a patrol vessel for oil platforms in the North Sea. After sale to a British owner, who let the damaged engine repair in Denmark and rebuild the ship in London to a trade ship for the South Pacific.
Under the new ownership of Reg March and Jack Scott it was rebuilt to a sail cruise ship
and used for day trips. Since 1994 in possession of Kelly Family and used for private purposes the ship was renamed to SANTA BARBARA ANNA, after the name of the mother of t Kelly. Since July 2000, the Foundation “Odin” is the operator of the vessel and is used for social youth work. The new mooring port is Rostock-Warnemünde.