Väderskär is on the outskirts of the Loftahammar archipelago. It is difficult to say when people settled permanently on the island. The island was probably, not unlike other fishing hamlets along the coast, from the beginning a seasonal settlement for mainland farmers and town-dwellers that, on the coast, extended their provisions through fishing and hunting sea fowl. The island not only has a characteristic fishing hamlet but also a very strange chapel. It is a low log house with a great porch with a door in the west. The chapel is built of logs dovetailed at the corners, with cased corners and standing panel-work, probably from the 18th century. The interior is entirely made of wood, with simple benches with straight backs where there are several idiographs are carved. The altar is a simple table, clad at the front, that also serves as a pulpit. The walls and ceiling are mostly painted in two different styles. A simpler style of paintings in peasantry style is mainly on the roof and gables. They are dated in 1740 and portray, among other things, a Golgotha scene, angels, ships etc. These paintings are most likely from the Fågelvik manor on the mainland that owned the island for a long time. Nowadays the chapel is used for summer services and weddings. Since 1980 the chapel is classified as a historic building.