The former royal shipyard was built between the years 1897-1903. It was situated in the present Northern Basin by Władysław IV Quay. What has been preserved since that time are administrative buildings, the workshop hall, warehouses, a water-level indicator and a rail water tower. Unfortunately, the buildings are not in a very good technical condition. One of them has been turned into a tavern. Enthusiasts of nautical monuments will definitely be particularly interested in the wharves of the Northern Basin including such devices as a port crane and a steam hammer. After 1945 the Red Army stationed here. At present the Northern Basin houses a yachting marina.