Prussian King Frederick William announced his decision to erect the Western Breakwater in 1818. The main reason for this investment was the serious silting of the Świna River on the side of the sea. The basic building materials were erratic blocks the biggest of which weighed 1500 kg. The construction was completed in 1823. Significantly more modest than the Eastern Breakwater, the Western Breakwater is 350 m long, 7 m wide and rises 1.5 m above the water level. At its bottom there is the Młyny beacon, made in the form of a white-painted windmill model. There is a legend referring to the beacon of the Młyny beacon. The legend has it that an old miller knew a way to rejuvenate sailors, which consisted in covering the body with mud, taking numerous baths in the sea and walks.