The building of the coastal rescue station was erected at the end of the19th century. It was built of red brick in the neo-Gothic style. Above the entrance there is the Maltese Cross - the rescue symbol. Within the station there used to stand rescue boats on special carriages. If need be, they were drawn by a few pairs of horses. On reaching the action scene a metal boat weighing 900 kg was pulled down into the water. Operated by twelve rescuers - oarsmen, it set off to the rescue of the drowning people. From 1950 the building was managed by the Maritime Office, serving as an outbuilding. Subsequently, it was used as a storage for equipment applied to preserve coastal dunes. At present it houses a fish and chip shop.